home • events • performance • maps • my home • join csu • sign out
Saturday, May 24, 2014 12:00 AM
Pre-registration is optional, but requested (so we know how many maps to print) by Saturday, May 24, 2014 12:00 AM
Interval (runners start at 1 minute intervals)
CSU is hosting a weekend training camp in conjunction with Up North Orienteers, in southern NH. We will be training at Pawtuckaway State Park on Saturday, and will be at Bear Brook State Park on Sunday. The exercises are aimed at an intermediate to advanced level of orienteer, and instruction will be available. No white/yellow-level courses will be set.
PLEASE contact Alex before Friday if you want to be guaranteed a map. We will probably be able to shuffle around maps enough to get you out on courses, but we will like you a lot more if you let us know ahead of time if you're coming.
Saturday - Pawtuckaway State Park
10:00am: Meet at the group camping parking lot. (Map)
10:00 - noon: First round of exercises (many short options). E-punching will be used.
noon - 2pm: Lunch, swimming, lounging.
2:00 - 4:00pm: Second round of exercises (many short options). All morning exercises will still be available.
4:00pm: Control pickup
6pm ish: group dinner somewhere local
Camping at Twin Oaks campground, for anyone who contacted Alex ahead of time. They may have more sites available if you want to join.
Sunday - Bear Brook State Park
10:00am: Meet at Podunk Rd (where the A meet met last fall). Map.
10 - 11am: Divvy up control sites, hang streamers.
11 - 1pm: First round of exercises (possibility for e-punching if there's enough interest)
2-4pm: Second round of exercises, possibly combined with control/streamer pick-up.
Mountain bike course (no controls) may be available all d
- The blackflies are out, and biting, so you probably want to bring bugspray.
- Bring plenty of water and snacks and stuff.
- The beach at Pawtuckaway is pretty nice, so you may want to bring swimming stuff.
- There will be an entry fee to Pawtuckaway, I believe it is per vehicle. Pay when you enter the park.
- Cost is $10/day to cover map printing costs, free to CSU season pass holders (you can become a CSU season pass holder beforehand! Just email Larry).
- Questions? Contact
Cambridge Sports Union