home • events • performance • maps • my home • join csu • sign out
Sunday, November 23, 2003 10:00 AM
Pre-registration is optional, but requested (so we know how many maps to print) by Saturday, November 22, 2003 12:01 PM
Interval (runners start at 1 minute intervals)
Ken Walker Jr
starts will be from 10-10:30am.
· Punch on the map
· Control Descriptions are separate, get them before you start
· Advanced course will cross the main road right after the start. If there is traffic, you can run along the road for a while without loosing time. If you get stuck waiting, we can subtract a little from your time. Don’t jump in front of a car.
· Use the tunnel to go under the road the second time.
· Stay off the golf greens and fairways, especially where people are playing.
· Advanced controls may have random codes; just ignore them. There are only 2 controls you might see that aren’t yours, and they’re obviously not yours.
Start/Finish is in a small parking lot across from the golf course. NOT AT THE STADIUM!
From T: (Orange line to Green St. station) turn right to exit the station and take green st (turns into glen rd) up the hill into the park. once inside, you will stay on the largest paved path, bear left at the first 3-way fork, and then stay to the right for two more. it's probably easiest and highly recommended to print the topo map and take it with you. (walking time ~10 mins)
Driving: see map (there will be no signs... although road signs to "Cross country course" will get you close). you can usually park in the lot at the start, or along the road right there.
Mixed open, forested, and thick areas, with lots of trails and rock features. Franklin Park's cross-country course was host to the 1992 World X-C champs.
Cambridge Sports Union